If the name or password of your current network changes or if you get a new router, you'll need to update the network information for your Z-Box Hub to access your system from your local network. Please note that the below instructions are only for a Z-Box Hub that had already been set up in your local network and just needs to be transferred to a new network. If you want to configure a brand new hub, please click here for instructions.
If the Z-Box Hub loses connection with the old network, it will automatically produce an access point. The LED indicator on the hub will turn solid red and you'll see a new wireless network available in your computer network settings with a name starting with ZB-XXXX. That means the Z-Box Hub is ready to be connected to the new network. Please have the name and password for the new Wi-Fi network ready. Here is how to complete the process:
1. From your computer, connect to the local Wi-Fi network created by your Z-Box Hub (the name will start with ZB-XXXX).
2. Open your Internet browser and type in 10.42.0.1 in the URL address bar - this will take you to the Z-Box dashboard where you should see all of your devices and automations.
3. Click on the gear icon on the left side menu to access the Settings.
4. Go to Network > WiFi Connection.
5. You should see your old network marked as DISCONNECTED and a trash icon next to it to remove it. Delete the old network.
6. Click the "Search & Connect" blue button and select "Main Wi-Fi" on the screen.
7. You will see the list of available wireless networks - select the new Wi-Fi network from the list and click Next. Enter the network password when prompted.
8. Click Connect.
9. IMPORTANT: Note the new IP address generated for the Z-Box Hub in the Wi-Fi Connection screen and save it in your browser to access your hub going forward.
10. Disconnect from the Z-Box network and connect to your local Wi-Fi network.
11. Access your hub using the new IP address you noted in step 9. If you get any browser errors, simply reboot your hub by unplugging it and plugging it back in after 10 seconds. Wait until the hub is back online (the LED indicator will turn solid green) before you try again.
Let us know if you have any questions about these instructions and we'll be happy to help!